Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slip of the tongue

From 23rd to 27th February 2009 I was, am and will be in Permai to brief all the PKPs and HOPs from Kelantan on the EMS 2 module that would have to be carried out at school level soon after.

In the hall, there would be about 50 PKPs and 50 HOPs waiting 'eagerly' for my talk. It was definitely my first time giving talks to so many PKPs that I felt I was being observed and was under tremendous pressure, hoping no one would be awarding marks.

On my first day, in my attempt to be formal and to please the PKPs according to the protocol required, my first utterances were " Yang Berusia..." instead of 'yang berusaha'! What a blunder!
The next day onwards, I would stick to the simple Assalamualaikum and good morning instead! No more protocols for me, thank you.

A few of my friends rang me and asked if I did it on purpose. Oh God NO!It was truly UNINTENTIONAL but nobody seems to believe me. Knowing the joker I am, they think that it was a planned joke that I had intended all along...that particular word did NOT even cross my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment